The Meds to Beds Program includes Mon Valley Community Health Services, Inc. (MVHS), Dierkens Pharmacy, and Monongahela Valley Hospital working together toward a better outcome for patients discharged from the hospital. When a patient of Primary Care is going to be admitted to the hospital they are offered to participate in the program.
HOW IT WORKS:
• MVCHS checks daily for patients admitted to the Hospital, and if the patient has chosen to participate in The Meds to Beds Program;
• MVCHS then contacts Dierkens Pharmacy to notify them of the patient admission; and forwards them the patient’s last updated medication list on file;
• Upon patient discharge, the Hospital will then forward an updated medication list to Dierkens Pharmacy;
• The Pharmacist will compare the lists and make any needed changes; and package the new medication;
• The Pharmacist will also send an updated medication list to the patient’s Primary Care Doctor and specialists; and
• Two weeks after discharge, Dierkens Pharmacy will place a follow-up call to ensure the patient is not having any problems with their medications.